Question
Posted by: Bryan Price | 2003/02/06

My daughter has hurt herself

My daughter has hit herself on the head on the left temple by running into her brother. She is complaining that she has a severe head ache and has just vomited. She is alert and has no memory loss. I have given her stopayne syrup and applied ice to her head. Should I take her to the hospital now at 12.00 am or should she go in the morning and ride the night out. She has settled down since the trauma. What signs should I look out for ?

Bryan, you’ve probably realised by now that this forum is not intended for emergencies. I usually don’t take so long to answer (my laptop was in for a “quick” update), but the turn around time on this site is at least 24 hours. I try to answer within 72 hours, but there is no guarantee.
If there are any symptoms left over by the time you get this reply, please take her to the doctor a.s.a.p. (I doubt that it will be the case). Good luck.

1
Posted by: Linda Paree | 2003/02/07

Bryan,
It sounds as if she ended up with a slight concussion seeing that she is vomiting. If it was my child I would take him/her to hospital to be checked out. Was the vomiting projectile?, and drowziness would get me worried too.
Hope she will be ok but rather be on the safe side
Regards,
Linda

Reply to Linda Paree