Question
Posted by: Alicia | 2008/05/26

My darling dad

My Dad is 88. Although he is in fairly good health, he is suffering immeasurably with a bad knee...probably from injuries during WW2. He refuses to have an operation. He tells me that all is well after about an hour in bed, he sleeps welll, but 10 minutes after getting up in the morning the pain starts and gets worse and worse. Do you have any suggestions please. He recently had a cortisone injection...he says it did not help.<br>Thank you very much for your tireless help. God Bless.

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It sounds like if the only solution for your father's problem, is a knee replacement. This will take away the pain and increase his mobility.

Kind regards