Question
Posted by: KGs | 2004/11/17

my clock its ticking, and relationship is Confusing

I am in a long distance relationship, things are no longer the same btn us, whenever we talk we end up snapping at each other.Its two months now without any improvements.

He confessed that he is not seeing anyone, but we hardly communicate about us and the future of the relationship. Whenever i talk about it, he gives excuses that he is tired or he has too much work to do, or he wants to phone to his mother.
I am 26 and he si 30 yrs old. Do u think i should leave him alone? There is a nice guy waiting, but i want to make sure if its the right thing to do but there is no communication btn me and my man.

Please do advise me on how to tackle this relationship problem.

KGs, I suppose part of the problem with a long-distance relationship is that while it's at a distance, your daily lives are very different and don't intersect, so there's nothing much in common to talk about, and you can't quite keep on discussing the future of a relationship in the abstract. Generally, it's better to just get on with each one's daily life, until the separation is over, just keeping an aimiable contact. Men don't much like that sort of dscussion even under the best of circumstances, and probably even less so over a distance and at significant extra expense !

7
Posted by: Mona | 2004/11/17

Takes a special type of person to have a long distance relationship, lotsa TRUST too, i dont think i would be able to do without seeing my man everyday, and knowing he is next to me at night. Sounds like he doesnt want to hurt your feelings, so you will have to let him go. Its going to be difficult, but rather sooner than later, you have so many other options open to you.

Reply to Mona
Posted by: KGs | 2004/11/17

I know he wants out but he doesn't have the guts to let me know. I still have feelings for him, but i willl not let him know at this point in time as he always cold towards me. And its hard to make him important as he wants out.

Reply to KGs
Posted by: Kajal | 2004/11/17

It takes 2 to create a relationship. If ur efforts to make this thing happen is not being matched..then i think mayb ur wasting ur time....sori 4 being harsh. If he does not realise that there is a problem then the situation is not goin to improve.

I think u deserve beta...I HOPE U DO 2!

Reply to Kajal
Posted by: 123 | 2004/11/17

It sounds to me, like he want out, but do not have the guts to end it from his side, so now he is treating you this way so that you break up and he don't have to worry about your feelings

LD relationships seldome work out, you grow apart and so on, I'd rather move on, as you say you're clock is ticking

123

Reply to 123
Posted by: KGS | 2004/11/17

All he can say is that i am very special woman and the reality of distance makes things impossible. And he said that i will set u free if thats what u want. Confusing as well

Reply to KGS
Posted by: kajal | 2004/11/17

Hi KGs
Maintain boundaries in how ur guy treats you. If something bothers you, speak up. A man will only treat you the way you ALLOW him to treat you. Its ur life so take charge of it. Put urself and ur happiness first!

Al the best!

Reply to kajal
Posted by: Kay | 2004/11/17

If there is no communication - and no way forward then there is no reason to stay in the relationship - is there. Talk to your bf and tell him how things stand with you and that if he doesnt want to address the problem then you have no choice but to move on. You cannot continue in a relationship thats not oing anywhere.

Reply to Kay