Posted by: Frieda | 2008/09/30

My chils is allergic to jodium

What food must we stay away from and what coudl see stil eat?
How will we know if a product on the shelf are safe if there is no description in the label?

Dear Frieda
Stay clear of seafoods, and be careful of iodized salt. Some antibiotic creams also contain iodene. Medication can also contain Iodene. Has he been tested, how do you know he has an iodene allergy?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/05

Good day.Last Friday I ate a fish platter at CapeTownFishMarket.Since Saturday, I' ve had an ouburst on my skin all over my body.I' ve been to the Dr but the Celestamine didn' t help, then I got a Cortazone injection together with some other medications to see it it will help....what I' m trying to find out, my mom was allergic to seefood (jodium) could it be the same for me?Whould you suggest blood tests for allergies?