Question
Posted by: A | 2007/03/05

My child cant eat rice and meat

My child is 12 and CANT eat foods like rice and meat. He only eats mince and mash. He throws up if any of the above is served. I really dont know what to do, I thought he would out grow it.

Dear A
If you child is having problems with eating certain textures of food (e.g. whole slices of meat instead of mince, grains of rice instead of smooth mashed potatoes), then I would recommend that you have him checked by a gastroenterologist to see if he has problems with swallowing. If he does, then the dr will advise what is to be done. If he does not have problems swallowing and this is a psychological reaction, then a clinical psychologist will assist you with sorting out what it is that makes your child want to vomit when he eats certain foods.