Question
Posted by: Animal Lover (again) | 2007/08/02

My cat badly bitten by dog

Hi Carol

Your "My Poor cat" refers. I have 4 cats and the one boy is a beautiful long haired with china blue eyes and the colouring of a Siamese. End of June he was very badly bitten on his one back leg (the thigh bone was totally shattered (the x-ray just showed bits of bone floating around!! ) Anyway he had to go to a specialist to have his leg mended with pins and a metal rod! R5000+ and he has been with my own Vet since Sunday 1 July and hopefully he will be back home in another 2/3 weeks! Our Vet has been wonderful to him and we visit him every two days so he doesn't suffer from depression after such a long time in hospital. obviously this is also going to COST, but he is such a beautiful little guy and one of my "babies" that it is just part of life! I am the lady who has the little ginger boy with two crippled front legs, so hops around like a little kangeroo - again I love him and my cats are my babies. Good luck with your cat and I am praying that my guy's pins can come out by the 8th August (6 weeks) and not another 2 weeks to go! Also praying that the limp will improve!

I hope he makes a good recovery.

1
Posted by: Carol | 2007/08/02

The things we do ..... Ugky is fine thank goodness eating like a pig .. of course she isnt one bit happy being confined but i go and sit with her often.

My main thing is always will there quality of life be the same after surgery if so .. then I pay ... if not then sadly ...

One of our managers here recently ran over his own dog , he was devastated and came to me asking what to do ... he is african and I could see he loves his dog but was totally lost ... I sent him to my vet but in this case the costs would have been many thousands and the dog would always have a problem walking ... we spoke and decided it would be best to have her put to sleep . He was prepared to pay but her life quality would have been badly affected.

Ill be thinking of your kitty , keep us posted

Reply to Carol