Question
Posted by: Upset | 2007/05/02

My boyfriends sister

She's always been there for me and agreed that my boyfriend her brother does not do this or that right etc. Then abour 6 months ago I realised she's withdrawing from me, he said he doesnt know what's up with her. So we cooled down and I just sms her jokes etc.

This weekend he did not let me know he's going with a friend to the car show and like an idiot I went looking for him finding him in a pub, which he never does, it just happened with this guy he went with. I was so upset telling to get in the car and he had a big argument.

The next afternoon I get a call from her saying the following: Have you found a place to stay yet? Do us all a favour and f u c k off will you. You never fitted in with our family and I want you to -|- off. Because of you my brother is a wreck.

She put the telephone down. When he came home I asked him and he said he knows she called me and that he did not and does not want me to leave of -|- off then. I am so upset, who is she to tell me to go anywhere? It's not her place and I ask nothing of her.

He's a wreck because he's got gout and blood pressure problems and does not want to go to the doctor. He works long hours and hardly sleeps. Yes our relationship is not perfect but we sort out incidents as they arrise. He said he did not plan on going or doing it, it just happened when this guy asked him to come along.

I felt like saying a lot to her but I just kept quiet, all I did say was what did I ever do to you ? She just ranted on.

How do I attend family gatherings with her there ? And what if they all feel I never fitted in ?

Sounds like he has a lot to worry about ; who knows why she was apparently at first supportive to you and then turned against you --- only a discussion, calmly talking this over with her, might shed some light on this puzzle. And are there other members of the family you could talk to about this puzzle, and get their point of view ?