Question
Posted by: Dee | 2007/03/14

My boy spanner

Hi all, I only managed to get my boy down to the vet this morning, it was so funny I put him in a school bag with just his head sticking out and held him really close so he couldn't jump out, shame the poor bugger was so good. Anyway the vet has sorted his eye out for me and he has had his 1st innoculation - now just have to get the girl down there.
My question for today, what food is the best for them? The vet said I should use Science Hill or Royal something - what do you guys use?? I find I am flying through the whiskers, I give them both the pellets and the wet pouches but the vet said he would prefer me not giving them the wet stuff. Please help!!

Science Plan and Royal Canin are both good diets. Please feed them for their age and size according to the packaging. If you want to give some soft food as well, it is available but should not make up the whole diet as there is no tooth benefit from soft food.

2
Posted by: Kate | 2007/03/14

Yip, i use Royal Canin and have just plain old run of the mill cats - but are really healthy and have great coats.
I give 2 teaspoons per cat canned friskies over weekends as a treat. (Ihave 7 cats so thats why I use tinned - else use sachet.
Please note that your cats might not eat for a few days when you change their food but stick with it (maybe mix the food and gradually use less and less of what you were feeding them)
Not sure how old your cats are but if under 1 feed kitten food and over 1 feed adult food.

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Blaah | 2007/03/14

Hi there,

I feed mine a mixure of Royal Canine Persian 30 and oral senstive.

My female isn't allowed near soft/wet food, she just pukes it up, but my boy get a quarter of a sachet of friskies in the evenings sort of a treat.

since i have been only feeding them dry food, the seem to be happier and healthier, especially my old lady.

i would definately recomend Royal Canine

Reply to Blaah