Question
Posted by: Aidan | 2007/04/29

My beer boep

I am a 16 year old male, i do Trampoline and i am the Current South African level 3 champion. My BMI is 18 wich indicates healthy, but i have a beer belly and i just cant lose it. i eat alot less and i gym alot, i have gianed more muscle wich you can clearly see ( six pack, broad back, etc) but i just cant lose the belly. What can I do?
Aidan

Dear Aidan
If you are 16 years old with a BMI of 18, which is so low that it is just still in the normal range (18-25), then I find it had to believe that you have a beer belly??? Surely you don't drink any beer yet?? If you mean that your stomach muscles are for some reason a bit slacker than the six pack and other muscles, then this is something you need to discuss with your instructor at the gym. Ask him/her to work out an exercise plan that targets the stomach muscles and work at it. This is not something that you can change with diet as you should take care not to lose any more weight. Click on 'Fitness' at the top of this page and then on 'Nutrition' and read the articles on 'Diets for Sportsmen and women' if you want to eat properly for all the exercise you do.