Posted by: Vees | 2009/03/30

My back is hunched due to an operation, help needed!


I was born in 1983.
I am 1.7m tall and i weigh 69kg. (With no cloths on).
I have had an operation on my left shoulder blade/scapular in 1997. There had been a calcium deposit growth on the scapular which needed to be removed due to the scapular lifting up and causing my body to hunch. I have now joined the gym in an attepmt to assist my posture. There is a slight pain on my higher back, but i am now used to the pain as it has been around for many years. i would do anything to correct my posture and look "normal". i am only 26 years old and i am also concerned about this problem in the future. Please advise on what i can do and what i should do. i also meant to see a biokinetic doctor, but dont no wheather it would be of any help.

I look forward to your feedback.
Many Thanks.


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageArchive

Dear Vees
The best person to see would be an orthopedica surgeon. They need to evaluate your back to see whether this can be treated by a brace, exercises or an operation
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.