Question
Posted by: siwe | 2008/05/29

MY BABY HAS AN EAR DISCHARGE

My 1yr6mnth baby is having an ear discharge both ears now after she put in some grometts I am woried that she might loose her hearing she had the problem before the grommets were inserted but it was not this serious please help what might be the cause is it ever going to stop?

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you consult the ENT specialist who placed the grommets in your baby's ears, in order for him/her to see if the grommets are still open. It is a very difficult problem to resolve and sometimes it takes a lot of patience and medication to resolve it.

Kind regards

2
Posted by: Siwe | 2008/05/30

Micky did the fluid stop eventually

Reply to Siwe
Posted by: Micky | 2008/05/29

Hi Siwe

The same happened to my daughter and I almost had a heart attack when I saw the fluid on the pillow. I phoned the Ear Nose and Throat Specialist who did the insertion of the grommets and he told me that it is natural because the grommets allow the fluid to drain from the ear. But please contact him/her just to make sure and maybe to get some medication to clear the ear infection.

Regards,

Reply to Micky