Question
Posted by: Belinda | 2008/05/21

My 4 month old baby keeps chocking

Im desperatelly in need of advice. My four month old son started chocking on flem this morning for the first time. He chockes and then vomits a yellowish flem out. This is the first time it's happening, other then the flem (i think it's flem as I can hear it gurgle when he vomits) his 100%, he hasnt got any flu symptoms and no fever. He had flu about a month ago and he was then on a course of antibiotics which, I dont want to repeat this time as I heard atibiotics arent very good for a young child. He seems to have lost his appetite aswell where he usually drinks about 400ml at night he only had about 50ml. Please could you let me know what you think as im really worried about his chocking.....thank you in advance.. Belinda

Hi Belinda
He may have a post nasal drip with thick phlegm - try giving him Bronkese or Bisolvon to loosen the flegm. I would treat him just with symptomatic medication at this point in time unless he gets sicker, gets a fever or starts coughing badly.