Question
Posted by: Lou | 2007/05/31

MXIT

Please help ! Don't know how to handle this situation any more, my husband is addicted to Mxit. He logs on when he wakes up and sits up to all hours on Mxit. I have spoken to him about how I feel many times and he says I am invading his privacy and I do not trust him, he is just chatting. I see it differently and said he is more interested in chatting to absolute strangers than his own wife. This is causing a huge problem in our marriage and I just cannot find a solution. I now spend every evening on my own in my room while he sits on Mxit, I actually feel like taking the phone and smashing it, but he has a terrible temper and it wouldn't be a good idea. We have been together for 19 years and have stuck by each other through thick and thin, but I feel very despondent at the moment and need some help with how to deal with this.

Pathetic, isn't it ? "Just chatting" isn't the point. If you invited a stream of people he doesn't know, to come and sit in your lounge with you, with the door closed, and you told him you were "just chatting" would he not be bothered by that ? He is veing selfish and cruel and self-indulgent. I don;' suppose you could lure him into marriage counselling ?
There's a chap called Ramon Thomas 011-4331034, or ramon@netucation.co.za, who has a special interest in MxIt problems, and has published a Parents Guide to MxIt which he can send by email. And look on onlinesafety.org.za

8
Posted by: Dove | 2007/06/01

What is your husbands age mxit it for teenagers I hope he is truthfull about his age. This could cause problems if some young girl got the idea that he was for her and wanted to meet.

Reply to Dove
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/06/01

I second that....!!!

Reply to Echelle
Posted by: been there | 2007/05/31

Why is it that the wife is always blamed as to something lacking in the relationship. men want to have their cake and eat it (generalisation but true!) MXit and internet porn has become in my opinion a huge problem for men generally and what are wives supposed to do. Become like one of the internet porn stars or become a slut on MXit.We are supposed to be the nurturers and look after hubby and kids and home and then have the inclination and energy to behave like the "technological girl of their dreams". Men in general need to grow up and behave like the adults that they are in chronological age. Do we want them to be the role models for our children we are raising?

Reply to been there
Posted by: AK_CTN | 2007/05/31

Definitely wrong of him

Definitely something is missing in your marriage.

You need to spice it up.

I am sorry but that is the truth

Reply to AK_CTN
Posted by: ? | 2007/05/31

i thought so...echelle is straight to the point but she's not rude or twat-like or just plain idiot.

perhaps youre jealous that shes been getting attention?

Reply to ?
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/05/31

Stop using my nick you FREAK!!!!!

Reply to Echelle
Posted by: ? | 2007/05/31

was that really you echelle?

Reply to ?
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/05/31

Divorce him

He may be found someone better to chat with than you.

Deal with it.

Reply to Echelle