Question
Posted by: BabyB | 2005/06/29

Must i leave of what?

I have this great opportunity of going to work in the UK for six months and if not, longer than that. My problem is that i have this boyfriend that i love more than i have ever loved before and feels like he loves me the same, which makes me fell that i dont wanna leave behind i have this fear that the minute i leave for UK it will over for us because i know what happened to most of distance relationships.

I know i would'nt do anythng as in like cheating on him but the thing is i am not too sure about him. At the age of 22 he was the first guy i ever slept with and now we've been 2gether 4 more than 2 years now, and the idea of him sleeping with someone else when i'm still on the picture scares the hell out of me cos i know that i wont be able forgive him.

What do you guys think should i juz get over it and go or what exactly.

Well, if you really love each other, though some distance relationships do indeed fall through, other endure much longer separations, under much worse circumstances. This sounds like an excellent opportunity for you, of the sort that might not easily turn up again ; and if you don't go you may forver wonder what good things might have happened IF you had gone.
If you feel so strongly that the relationship will end "the minute" you leave for the UK, then it's presumably not all that strong to begin with. You say he's the first guy you ever slept with, and the relationship has continued from there on --- maybe this has been an important relationship, but maybe it's not meant to be the main enduring relationship of your life. You describe it more like a habit than a passion. I'm with ...here

5
Posted by: ... | 2005/06/29

Love is based in honesty and trust and the desire to see your partner achieve their full potential. You should be trusting him, and he should be encouraging you to go - It isn't easy being away, but six months is not all that long of a time to be apart. If someone can't wait for you for six months then is it worth it?
You're still young, and these experiences and time apart are things that help you grow as a person - don't let love hinder your growth and stop you from experiencing what life has to offer.

Reply to ...
Posted by: lady lee | 2005/06/29

First of all...
2yrs together you must have an idea if you want to have a future with him???

Secondly if you dont see a ffuture as in marraige then why are you with him???

If you love him and see a future with him - then NO dont go cause it will cause strain on your relationship...or ask him to go with you?

if you still arent sure if you love him after being together for 2yrs then you really need to think about it and perhaps more on as you are wasting his time and your own by just being together for no reason.

There will always be "quick" money overseas but is it worth leaving family, freinds behind???

Reply to lady lee
Posted by: Lara | 2005/06/29

OOh thats a tough one. But you know what i think you should go, not many people get that opportunity, and if he really loves you he will wait for you, i mean its not really that long, only a few months.
Go otherwise you will regret it one day, and always wonder how it would have been.

go have fun!

Reply to Lara
Posted by: BabyB | 2005/06/29

He is man and that's what scares me!

Reply to BabyB
Posted by: SR | 2005/06/29

BabyB = Why are you not sure about him? What scares you?

Reply to SR