Question
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/03/26

Must I go for an abortion?

For the past 6 months I had the herpes virus, but now I have it really bad. I think it's possible for me to be pregnant at the moment (too scared to find out), but I know it's not good for the baby when a woman is pregnant! The doctor gave me Cyclivex 400mg x 5 a day and another little white pill that I should only take at night - it is working, but my skin still looks terrible on my hands!

What I want to know is - if I have the herpes virus this bad and I'm pregnant, must I go for an abortion or will the baby still be okay?

Tranmission of herpes to the baby occurs mostly at delivery so, if you have bad herpes at the time of delivery, you would be better of with a caesarean.

9
Posted by: LA | 2007/03/27

Hi Echelle,

a friend of mine is 16 weeks pregnant with herpes...she's going ahead with her pregnant, as doc said its fine, but she CANNOT give natural birth.....

hope that helpt a bit

Reply to LA
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/03/27

Thank you Lilly! And I agree with you 100%, you are so right!

Reply to Echelle
Posted by: Lilly | 2007/03/27

I am against abortion at all cost,i am pregnant and if my dr said we should opt for a abortion i would take my chances. What i am trying to say is that check with your doctor, but only you can make such a desion, nobody else, just ask your self what if you terminate this pregnancy and there was nothing wrong with the baby, this is the same with downsyndrome there are no way of nowing for sure.if i were i would NOT go for an abortion!
strongs

Reply to Lilly
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/03/26

Only the symptoms can be treated, but it's not curable.

Reply to Echelle
Posted by: Me | 2007/03/26

It will not necessarily affect your baby.
Discuss this with your doc ASAP
You should, however, not contemplate having natural birth as it will then definitely be passed on to your LO.

Good luck!

Reply to Me
Posted by: vic | 2007/03/26

My advise to you is to check the internet and the clinics for some information,maybe you can get something useful.If this infection is not curable maybe the is some way they can prevent mother-to-baby transmissions.

Reply to vic
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/03/26

I hate abortions yes, but I'm only asking a question here!

Reply to Echelle

I second you response Dove. And besides I thought you have absolutely no tolerance for anyone that has an abortion!!!

Posted by: Dove | 2007/03/26

Are you really asking for advice I through you knew everything.

Reply to Dove