Question
Posted by: gt | 2007/07/11

Muscular pain

Afternoon, I have pain in my lower back, buttocks, thighs and behind my knees. It being winter I thought it might be related to cold weather, but hasn't gone away for a week now. I am a little overweight - 74kg. It is deep like if I had a massage it would help. I went to yoga the last two nightS, to try shift it and it hasn't left. I think if I would describe it, is like what growing Pains must've felt like, but I am way passed that. I am thirty now. Is it a concern or can I expect it to pass on it's own? Thank you. GT

Dear GT
This may be a referred pain from your lower back - if it is impossible for you to straighten your legs at 90 degrees to your body when you sit on a chair it may be a disc or pinched nerve and you should rather see your doctor. Try taking an anti-inflammatory like Neurofen in the mean time if you don't have any allergies.