Question
Posted by: tracey | 2008/01/30

muscle twitching

my eyes twitch and close whilst i am awake. I i wake up from a sleep the tend to stay closed for about 5 - 10 min even though I am awake. Also i have a strange sensation around my mouth when this happens, it feels as if the muscles are stretching which causes me to yawn all the time. My eyes are affected most days, although my around my mouth feels weird every day or two. What is the cause of this? and could it potentially be serious, if so who should I see about it? I am thinking of beginning reductil to lose weight before I have lipo the side effects mention muscle problems can i still take this??? Please help urgently

Dear Tracey
Please see your doctor, you may be suffering from Myastenia gravis, a muscle disease that affects the facial muscles and can cause eye lid drooping.
See www.mayoclinic.com/health/myasthenia-gravis/DS00375