Question
Posted by: Hat | 2007/04/12

Muscle Twitches

Hi Doc, I have been excersizing today, but I might have overdone it a bit, the whole day today, it felt like my muscles will twitch involanterely. You know when the doctor smacked the littel hammer on your knee to test reflecses, well that is what happens to me, there is no pattern in the twitches, so it happens 2 -3 times in 10 minutes, or 4 times in 5 minutes exc

Is this because of the excersise or something more serious

Hi Hat

It's probably related to the fatigue caused by your exercise - when the muscle is fatigued, the nerve is too, and so the control of your muscles goes a little wonky (for want of a better word). The result is that you get these twitches. I imagine that by the time you read this, you won't have them anymore and you'll be fine. I doubt very much it's anything to be concerned about and shouldn't happen too much from now on.