Posted by: Jacques Snyman | 2011/10/08

Muscle pain in hands

Good day,

I hope that you will be able to assist me in advise to whom I can go and see regarding muscle pain in my hands.

I''m 28 years old and is a tradesman by profession. It started about 2 years ago and it feels like it it is getting worse. I do not experience any pain in my hands what so ever normally, but only when I start holding something or working with tools that I get this pain in the hands, especially in the muscle between the thumb and forefinger. I first thought that it is some sort of " muscle pump"  from maybe gripping to hard. It''s starting to effect my work.

Your help will be high appreciated. Sorry for the essay :)

Thank you and regards,

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


You will have to consult a neurologist as soon as possible. The neurologist will have to exclude a neuropathic reason for the pain in your hands. In some cases, severe muscle mass increase can cause nerve impinchment with resulting painful hands and a weakness in grip. A neurologist will be able to provide you with the best advice and treatment.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.