Question
Posted by: Kid' | 2004/10/27

Muscle Memory...?

Could some one please explain to me what Muscle memory... is it good or bad... how can it be achieved or avoided...

Thanx

Expert ImageBodybuilding

Kid'

Setts is on the button.

Keep well,

Conrad Booysen-Biokineticist

1
Posted by: setts | 2004/10/27

When you train for extended periods your muscles develop a memory, like a cell phone battery if you don't let it run flat. When you stop training for a period you gradually drift back to where you started adjusted for your increased age. (It becomes more difficult to loose fat as you age because your metabolism slows down ) But when you start to train again you regain your shape more quickly because your body remembers where it was before. In my case at age 48 I've trained on and off for most of my life, things go like that. But after a period of inactivity, I can get back into shape pretty quickly when I pick up the dumbells and change my diet, that's muscle memory. Basically it's easier for me as a long time gym rat to get back into shape than someone my same age who has never trained before. So do it now when you're young!

Reply to setts