Question
Posted by: Erin | 2007/05/02

Muscle Cramps in Legs

Hi, 36yrs old female. Have been having painful muscle cramps in legs and hands. Have been diagnosed with CTS which explains the pain in hands. Feels like an electric shock. Had an awful pain in shoulder on sunday, (electric shock) Get this in both shoulders and hands. Legs are constantly throbbing. Had nerve tests done in legs, (no nerve damage) . Have noticed that my legs especially the back of legs getting thinner. Also experiencing a funny feeling on left side of my face for a few days now.

Can't even walk a short distance (legs throb). Legs throb more when lying down. Have muscle cramps all the time even without walking or exercising.

What's wrong with me. Diagnosed with CTS abt 8 weeks ago and seem to be going downhill. Pain in wrists and hands getting worse.

Pls help me, I'm worried. I sense something is wrong but feeling stupid to go back to neurologist.

Muscle cramps in legs for abt 8 weeks now. Pain wouldn't go away.

Your advise is appreciated

Dear Erin
Trust your instincts, you are NOT stupid - go back to the neurologist - maybe a brainscan is also needed. You may also have to look at the arterial bloodflow in the legs, could be that you have reduced blood flow to the legs due to cholesterol in the arteries. Your GP will be able to check that with a doppler test of the leg arteries.
See this article: http://health.discovery.com/encyclopedias/illnesses.html?article=3194