Question
Posted by: ilse | 2007/06/13

muscle cramps

hi,

I started spinning 2 weeks ago but have terrible muscle cramps in both my feet while spinning. I do drink enough water and started to take dolomite ( combination of calcium and magnesium) but the cramps still continue. Wat else can I do?????

HI Ilse

It depends on what you define as cramps. Is this a pain in the muscle that runs under the foot, or is it a burning sensation, or perhaps just related to your calf muscle? It's very difficult to say for sure what it could be because there are a lot of options, and i don't even really know what the symptoms are apart from a cramp. But I suspect that it's most likely to be caused by tightness in your calves, because they all attach to the base of the foot and that can cause the pain. So perhaps stretching the calves will help a little. That's what I woudl try. Then obvious things that may seem silly but could do something for you are loosening your shoes a little, maybe even a bigger size is needed.

But stretching should help.