Question
Posted by: crampy | 2007/02/24

Muscle cramps

I use lipitor and simbicort turbohaler as chronic medications. Suffer from severe muscle cramps at night in calves and feet, sometimes both simultaneously.
Do not get any rest and is desperate. Apparantly this is a side effect of my medication? Is there anything that will relieve this?
Am also using slowmag daily.
Please help.

Hi Crampy
Could be your lipitor that is causing the symptoms - just ask your GP to check the dose and to also have a look at your potassium and calcium bloodlevels too?
Stretch your calves before you go to bed - stand about 1 meter away from the wall facing the wall and put your hands against the wall, now walk/shuffle backwards slowly so far as you can go until you feel the pull in the calves - hold for 15-20 counts.