Posted by: Tania | 2008/12/09

Muniric for gout treatment

Our physician has prescribed Muniric for my husband' s gout as he has an immediate reaction everytime he uses puricos. Our pharmacy cannot get this, they say its off the market. What can be taken in its place?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImagePharmacist


It does seem as if this product have been removed off the market.
Unfortunately there is no generic equivalent available meaning that you'll have to give your doctor a call and tell him that this product has been discontinued - Ask him to prescribe an alternative.
It would be unethical of him to charge to anything for this new prescription, so go ahead give him a call.
(I'm not in the position to recommend anything as I dont know your husbands medical history, and a new treatment will require a prescription anyway)

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.