Question
Posted by: Joanne | 2006/11/13

munchaussens in law again!

CS, I can't take this anymore! I know I spoke about it in the past but really this woman is the limit. Now she claims she was admitted to hosp last Thursday due to high sugar and BP, they called out the diabetic specialist who informed her that her previous doctor had put her on the incorrect meds and that the moment she gets home she must flush them down the toilet. They did a scan of her heart and the size she indicated it to be is of a rugby ball (before they thought she only had one lung as the other had calcified but she is too old for a transplant). She has also lost 30kg in a month. She was admitted - but then told them that she was going to make a phone call and she made this miraculous walk home.

Of course her other son is buying her flowers everyday and healing fountains and all this cr*p. My DH was on about it and of course she really makes big time travel agent reservations for these guilt trips.

As I have said I dont want my child going there as then he might learn her bad ways. During the holidays I rather pay an aftercare to look after him than take him there (not forgetting she allowed him to swallow her trepaline one time)

She drives me crazy!!!!! She always has these miracle recoveries or was misdiagnosed for something else -- wadda wadda -- blah blag ---

Sometimes I just feel like telling her "you know what you old bag --- you have good health, so why not be thankful for it??"

She claims to have one lung and has to sleep with oxygen --- yet wakes up for a puff each night. I have 50% lung capacity and would do anything for good lungs.

Surely any court would understand if I stabbed her with the blunt end of a teaspoon!

Hmm, she seems to walk well for someone with one lung and a rugby ball in her chest. As your metaphor implies, though, she may be a brilliant travel agent specializing in arranging guilt trips, but one really doesn't have to accept the invitation to travel on them or even take the tickets.
And seriously, if she EVER gave your child a dose of ANY of her meds, she isn't safe to allow around children. I wonder how she'd react if, instead of the sympathy she is looking for, you instead showed intense interest in all the precise details of her "medical conditions" insisting that you are so concerned you want her to put you in contact with all of her doctors with her permission for them to give you every gory detail, so that you can fully appreciate all she is coping with. She might find that harder to handle