Question
Posted by: Suzette | 2005/07/11

Multivitamins during pregnancy

Trying to fall pregnant so I am taking a daily dose of foilic acid. In addition, I also take Centrum Complete Multivitamin. Is this good if I should fall pregnant or will it cause any harm to the baby in early development?

S

Folate is the important thing, but a multivitamin would not cause harm.

2
Posted by: Smeddles | 2005/07/11

It is best to take ± 3 months before conception, during pregnancy at while you are still breastfeeding. There are numerous pregnancy multivitamins out there. I am taking Chela-Preg Mumti Vitamin and Mumomega Pregnancy Omega 3 and Omega 6 Supplement. I am not pregnant yet, still TTC

Reply to Smeddles
Posted by: Tina | 2005/07/11

Hi Suzette

The Folic Acid and Multivitamins are very good for your baby. My gynae told me that if I had to stop them, baby will be fine and will still grow well, but he/she will draw everything from your body - so you will suffer instead. I took them before I fell pregnant and then a pregnancy multivitamin while pregnant and because I'm still breastfeeing my 5 1/2 old son so am still taking them. Keep them up for as long as possible. :-)

Reply to Tina