Question
Posted by: seco | 2004/10/12

multiple symptoms- menopause

I know I am going through menopause and have chosen to take black cohosh rather than oestrogen, to control hot flushes. It's not working as well as it used to and when I get the flushes at night they are accompanied by rapidly pounding heart. Also i get leg pain only when i lie down that wakes me up at night and my hands and arms often go numb or else ache terribly when i sleep too. Also almost constant but very mild headache. is this all menopause? As far as I know I have no heart/blood/etc problems apart from mild hypothyroidism for which I take eltroxin.

It could be or could be due to the blach cohosh. Stop it and if symptoms persists see a gynae