Question
Posted by: Cel | 2007/11/26

Multiple Surgeries - long term effects

I have had approximately 45 operations (I am 38) mainly on my left hip (about 38). What kind of long term effects am I looking at - general health wise?

I have noticed that my hair has thinned and i am suffering from serious fatigue (expected since my last total hip was just over a month ago).

Hi Cel
Hip operations can cause severe blood loss, so you need to check your HB and ensure that you are not developing anaemia. The hair loss can be caused by stress and the anaesthetic, try using a multivitamin for hair like Nu-hair and washing with a lanolin rich shampoo, also try putting Bergamot essence in your shampoo to stimulate growth.

2
Posted by: Cel | 2007/11/26

Thanks. I will talk to my GP - I had my first surgery at 14 months so it's accumulative I think - I have never had this kind of fatigue after surgery before.

Reply to Cel
Posted by: anxious | 2007/11/26

My word! Over what period have you had all this surgery? You need to get something like Gericomplex multivitamin - its contains a potent tonic and works wonders, but you need a script - its Schedule 5! Seriously, its very good and you could start taking 2 a day for a month and you should see a dramatic improvement in your energy levels! Ask your GP about it.

Otherwise you should try doing bits of walking for exercise, but probably under supervision, like joining Walk for Life? You will really benefit from their excellent, professional programs.

Reply to anxious