Question
Posted by: Melissa | 2004/01/22

Multiple Pregnancy?

I was on Clomid for 4 months when I fell pregnant. I know there is a risk of multiple pregnancies but my gynae will only be able to see in two weeks time. My husband's two cousins have twins and my one cousin has twins - Will this also have a part in multiple pregnancy and how big is the risk?

I cannot give you an exact risk figure. The family history is relevant and the Clomid does increase the chances of multiple pregnancy as well.
Rather than worrying about it, try to enjoy the fact that you are pregnant, obviously after having some difficulties falling pregnant. The two weeks will then pass more quickly.

3
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/01/23

Hi Melissa
Yes, my friend did cope with them, some days better than other days. They are the MOST gorgeous girls I have seen in a long time, and looks spot on like each other - so bad that mom had to paint the one baby's toenail to identify her!

No, she did not use fertility drugs and wasn't on clomid either. She had an aunt that is part of a twin, but no twins in the farther's family.
They also had a little boy, when the girls were born, he was only 21 months - so still a baby himself.
Take care and let us know

Reply to Kippie
Posted by: Melissa | 2004/01/22

Thanks Kippie,

I am so worried - in today's life, who can afford twins - I already have a little girl of 4... Has your friend coped with twins? Was she using fertility tablets like I did?

Melissa

Reply to Melissa
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/01/22

I am sure the doc will shed more light on this, and I also state that I do not know anything about clomid, but as far as I know, the twins genetics only comes from the mothers' side and that the farther's family history has nothing to do with the conception of twins.
A friend of mine has identical twins and this was what the doctors have told her.

Reply to Kippie