Question
Posted by: Blaze | 2004/10/29

Mucus Plug

I am 32 weeks and have had a pretty uncomplicated pregnancy. I noticed today that I had a slight discharge (more so than normal, and there was a hint of blood (very little though). Is this something to be concerned about - I was thinking along the lines of mucus plug - but am not sure as to whether I should be panicing or not.

You may be right, but phone and discuss it with your gynaecologist.

2
Posted by: Purple | 2004/10/29

You should not be losing your mucos plug at this stage. Call your gynae urgently as any bleeding in pregnancy should be reported.

The mucous plug is jelly like and smaller than a golf ball in size. It is sort of a clear jelly that is streaked with blood, though very little blood.

In the last 3 weeks or so of pregnancy it can be dislodged by having sex, or an internal by your gynae. Your body just makes a new one.

I'm sure its nothing serious, but do get it checked out.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: R | 2004/10/29

When is your next gynae appointment? Call you gynae just to make sure. I am sure s/he will say it is normal but just call to set your mind at ease.

Good Luck and let us know what he says.
R

Reply to R