Question
Posted by: jay-jay | 2004/10/20

mucus-like discharge

ever since i hit puberty i have had a discharge that i have never thought abnormal. however recently i have started to get secretions of an almost mucus like substance. it is generaly white. I have also experienced for a long time a shooting pain in vaginal area. it only lasts a second or two put is quite painful and only happens occasionally. I have never had a problem with my periods and have been on the pill for the past four years. I stopped taking the pill about two months ago when I turned 21 and have still not had a period. What is wrong with me?

Are you not pregnant?. If you are not and the symptoms persist-see a gynae for an assessment

1
Posted by: JR | 2004/10/20

Hi Jay-Jay....

If I'm understanding you correctly, what you are describing sounds like fertile quality cervical fluid, which would typically precede ovulation. Ovulation can be accompanied by shooting pain as the egg is released..... people differ as to their symptoms.

Cervical fluid: Typically differs throughout the cycle.... directly after menstruation.... "sticky"... cement type CF, then followed up by "creamy" CF, and then normally "eggwhite" CF, which is prior to ovulation, (your most fertile time)....

If the CF is accompanied by smell / itch... it could be that you have an infection and need to be checked out....

Reply to JR