Posted by: pippa | 2008/10/14

MS and Demetia

I have Multiple Sclerosis - RR
Physcally doing very well but cannot cope mentally and feel that I am losing it - am experiencing many cognitive problems. cannot grasp the meaning of conversations, forgetting, getting lost, anxious etc.....
The latest MRI shows brain atrophy.
Anything that I can do to assist with this demetia???

Sorry to hear about the MS, Pippa. I've had good friends with the same problem. because of its fluctuant nature, especially, it can be tough to handle psychologically. If there is a definite presence of brain atrophy, you need to discuss this directly with the trteating and doagnosing doctor to get absolutely clear about what and why this is, what the outlook is, realistically, and what are your opptions for dealing with it, which ought to include counselling to help you cope.