Question
Posted by: Hottie | 2007/05/30

Mrs Jones

Hi Mrs Jones<br>Please let me start by saying that I will not confirm whether you should or should not get divorced. However, I am going through the same thing and I am filing for divorce. I am 32 years old and I've been with my husband for 16 years (married for 7) We had a fantastic relationship until we got MARRIED! I've been the provider, the caretaker, the one who tries to keep things together. He goes and drinks, comes home in a stupor and finds fault with small things, anything to start an argument. After 7 years I realized this is killing my son. We often ignore this, but our children's stress levels are much, much higher than ours, because they don't know what to expect when their father is like that. We are not doing them any favours staying with these maniacs. They'll just grow up and eventually do the same cause we accepted it. I am kicking his butt to the curb and I don't regret it. I tell myself : I saw him coming, but I felt my children coming. Who takes priority? I wish you all the strength in whatever you decide to do.<br><br>

,,,,,

2
Posted by: Mrs Jones | 2007/05/30

My husband called me a few minutes ago and told me he has decided to stop drinking. Its the first time he actually told me that he has a problem, which I think is a start. And this is because our child told him yesterday morning as he was taking her to daycare, that he is a "naughty daddy". He told me now that he is shocked at the realisation of what he is doing to us and to our child. I have agreed for us to take this journey with him, but he has also agreed that should he step out of line, even once, that that will be the end of our marriage. I am hoping for my child's sake that this is going to work out and that he'll be able to do this.

Hottie, you are very brave as I know how hard this decision must've been for you, so the best of luck and strength during this time for you.

Thank you for your comments and sharing your story.

Reply to Mrs Jones
Posted by: Shae | 2007/05/30

Your kids know what its like to have a real parent, not just someone who gave birth to them. Your attitude to parenthood is inspiring.

Well done and best wishes.

Reply to Shae