Question
Posted by: Marshall | 2005/07/09

MRI Side effects

Hi, I had an MRI yesterday, here in the country of Norway due to headaches. My question has to do with side effects. Late last night I was over come with constant burning sensation (almost like flea bites) on my elbows, ankle and foot and the top of my knees. Is this normal? I do plan to tell my Doctor but I will not see him until next week. Thanks for your time,

Marshall

Expert ImageArchive

Refer your question to cyberdoc

3
Posted by: newbie | 2005/08/17

Biomagnetics? Anyway, I was a research assistant in a facility utilizing a 3 tesla system. I was scanned for about 5 hours total over two months with no ill effects, and 3T is far more powerful than a run of the mill MRI. That said, I once read a news article based on a study claiming that powerful EM waves could harm brain tissues over time and they specifically recommended limiting hair-dryer use.

Reply to newbie
Posted by: Mick | 2005/07/27

The effects you experienced were very likely a result of exposure to a powerful South pole magnetic field. Albert Roy Davis discovered, in 1936, that magnetism consists of two separate and distinct energies. The North pole has the opposite effect of the South pole on all matter. South pole magnetic energy is potentially very dangerous. It will cause infections, bacteria, cancer and other abnormal conditions to grow and develop at an accelerated rate.

Many scientists and doctors from a number of countries have reproduced the experiments first done by Davis and his associate, Walter C. Rawls, yet most people in the scientific community are still unaware of the differences of the two poles. In their first book, "Magnetism and Its Effects on the Living System", they describe several basic experiments that prove that North and South pole magnetic energies have different effects. Morris Tischler, best known for inventing the first solid-state pacemaker, has taken a serious interest in the work of Davis and Rawls. He even wrote a manual titled, "Biomagnetics in Complementary Medicine", that is used in some colleges. Buckminster Fuller, the brilliant inventor of the geodesic dome, was another supporter.

Reply to Mick
Posted by: Mri tech | 2005/07/21

This probably wasn't related to the MRI scan. As of yet there is no knwn side effects to having an MRI using the type of scanners used in most hospitals (1.5 tesla).
Maybe their last patient, before you, had fleas?

Reply to Mri tech