Posted by: Jax | 2008/12/01

Moving to CT


Please advise what the best pills are to give my dogs as a ' tranquiliser' . We are driving them down to Cape Town and I would like them to sleep most of the way.


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberVet

Dear Jax

You can ask your vet to dispence some Alprazolam or Valium for you or you can buy Valoid and give 25mg- 100mg in divided doses. This sedates them and prevent car sickness.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Carol | 2008/12/02

sigh ..okay JHB will have to do then :)

Reply to Carol
Posted by: jax - the usual one | 2008/12/02

Not me guys, I love JHB too much!!

Reply to jax - the usual one
Posted by: Chill | 2008/12/01

And if you prefer something milder - I don' t know your dogs! - you could give them valerian, either in the form of drops (put some in a bit of water in a syringe) or tablets, such as BeCalm, which most chemists would stock. They aren' t hugely strong but certainly take the edge off stress.

Oh yes, and welcome to Cape Town!

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Carol | 2008/12/01

Are u moving or visiting ??? it will be flippin convenient if you move there cos then I can visit you and Fran at the same time :)

Reply to Carol

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.