Question
Posted by: Rat | 2004/12/13

moving on...

Hey CS,

Well it has been 6 months since I kicked my soon to be ex husband out of our home for cheating on me. He came to pick his last few things up a few weekends ago and I can honestly say that I feel nothing and yes I cried when he left as this was a step in my healing process aswell. Getting to my point. I've been on a few dates and mishaps been partying pretty hard and I've met somebody, well not physically just over the internet, he is overseas and we phone each other and sms and email. We really like each other and will make a go of things to see if it works out or not. Is it possible to move on so quick after the ex, it would differ for different people how would you know what is right for you ?? I like being single and doing my own thing but I also don't like being alone all the time, want to come home and snuggle with that special somebody.... and hear that he loves me etc..... what is your insight ??

Rat

Hi Rat,
Sometimes we weep for what might have been, or what sould have been, rather than for what actually was. Sometimes it sems to be possible to move on fairly quickly, especially if the first relationship has in fact been dying out for some time. But often, if one moves onwards too fast, the next relatonship could fail, too. Unless one has completed the healing, and sorted out whatever issues were relevant in the previous problems. Once one is used to a relationship, being alone akes some getting used to --- byut it can also be an enjoyable phase of life, too !

1
Posted by: Rat | 2004/12/13

CS,

I've been seeing a shrink for a long while now,on my own while I was still with my ex trying to save our so called marriage and now after I kicked him out and yes I still have a few things about myself that needs sorting but about what went wrong in the relationship that stuff I'm pretty okay with.

fanks for the insigth !!

lovies Rat

Reply to Rat