Question
Posted by: Jane | 2009/11/04

Moving in with boyfriend

SInce moving in with my boyfriend (9 months ago), I have gained 7kgs. I find it difficult living with his eating habits, he likes to eat out and doesnt cook. So that leaves me to cook a meal every night, I have a demanding job and do not always have the time to cook dinner. When I lived on my own, I controlled the types if foods I bought, so that there would be no temptation in the house.
Any tips or ideas?

Dear Jane
Wow this is a poser! I can only recommend that you sit your boyfriend down and talk to him about this problem. Devise a strategy that will make it possible for you to avoid temptations - for example that you either do all the food purchases or that you compile a shopping list and get him to stick to only buying the permitted foods for you when you don't have the time to shop. Also persuade him to eat instant foods that are not fattening like yoghurt with fruit or baked beans with wholewheat or low-GI toast and salad.
I hope you can work this out.

1

Dear Jane
I hope you can work this out.