Question
Posted by: nino | 2004/01/28

moving in together

hi as i have already described.i'm a guy about to turn 30yrs and my 27yrs old girfriend want to move in with me.i do not have a problem but could u please outline simple house rules for us or for me to be able to handle this situation.i also ahve a 4yr old boy who is she knows and i'm thinking to settle with in future.

Dear nino,
Basically, I agree with what our other readers have said. There's no need to sign a treaty, though a general agreement reached in discussion about how to divide expenses and chores is wise when any 2 or more people share accomodation. If you're thinking of settling down with her, then it is important to explore in more detail how she feels about your son, and taking on the role of stepmother to him.

3
Posted by: Gentle | 2004/01/28

I'm glad you mentioned your 4yr old boy, that is really something worth thinking about. That's not easy bro if you're planning to make this girl the stepmom to your 4yr old you've got to sit down and talk to her. Find out how she treats any child, if she loves children. She may agree to stay with you and your boy but hey I promise it's going to complicate things.

Just a friendly warning.

Reply to Gentle
Posted by: Rules 2 | 2004/01/28

Agree with reply from RULES, why worry about house-rules? Maybe you can set rules (Financial) who is contibuting to what etc. but house-rules............ do not make any issues if there are'nt any.

Reply to Rules 2
Posted by: RULES | 2004/01/28

GO WITH THE FLOW, WHY SET RULES...SHE'S LIKE YOU SAY YOUR GIRLFRIEND...NOT A STRANGER THAT NEED RULES! IT SOUND'S IF YOU DO NOT WANT HER TO MOVE IN WITH YOU! IF I'M WRONG AND YOU DO WANT HER TO MOVE IN WITH YOU, WHY WORRY OVER RULES, AND THINK IT IS GOING TO BE SUCH A SITUATION TO BE HANDLED.....DO YOU LOVE HER?

Reply to RULES