Question
Posted by: AD | 2007/04/11

MOVICOL - WHEN PREGNANT

Dear Doc
i am 7 weeks pregnant & desperately tried to get hold of my GP over the Easter wknd seeking advise on constipation, to no avail. A friend suggested movicol, which i tried (i took 2 sachets on the same day), & it didn't help much at all. Finally i got hold of my GP 2 days later & said that under no circumstances should i have taken anything for constipation in my first trimester. i am so scared now. Could the movicol have done damage?

There are no studies on Movicol in pregnancy. Two sachets are unlikely to cause harm.