Question
Posted by: Worried | 2004/10/19

Movement of baby

I am 21 weeks pregnant and today I don't feel my baby move as much as the previous days. Last night he was very active, but today I only feel little fluttering now and then. The kicks were strong last night, but do I need to worry?

I know that the baby won't have a routine as yet, but should I worry?

Nope. One day varies from the next

3
Posted by: Kate | 2004/10/19

It is very normal at this stage. After about 26/27 weeks you should start to feel more active movements every day and in the 30 - 40 weeks, you must feel at least 10 good movements a day and at least one every hour. If not, go directly to the hospital.

Good luck!

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Lee | 2004/10/19

Hi there Ladies,

I was about 26 weeks the same thing happend I couldnt feel baby but only if I really concentrated and then only light flutters, and then the next week I could feel her again very strongly. The doctor said to me it just depends how baby is lying and in that way you sometimes don't feel strong movements. (Sometimes they kick towards the back and then you don't feel it that much, or sometimes they kick the placenta and that acts as a cushion and then you won't feel it either. As long as you still feel movement even if it is faint everything is okay, but the best to set your mind at ease is to speak to your gynae. I am sure he will tell you there is nothing to worry about)

Keep me posted
Take care and God Bless!

Reply to Lee
Posted by: Francis | 2004/10/19

Hi worried

I have the same problem. My baby is sometimes so active and then some days i don't feel him at all (just litter fluttering).

i am 22 weeks tomorrow so I also need some clarity on that.

Reply to Francis