Question
Posted by: Confused | 2005/07/11

Movement after birth

this is very strange, after i gave birth to my baby i stil felt movement inside me. My baby is now 6months, and sometimes i still feel something moving inside of me. THis is very strange... is it normal?

It could, be bowel movements.

7
Posted by: Tracy | 2005/07/11

I think it is normal.

my son is 5 and I felt it alot - almost like the second baby never was born. Not sure what it is though.

I am pregnany again (14wk3days) and I still have the feeling (but this time there is really a baby there BUT I shouldnt be feeling this one yet!

Reply to Tracy
Posted by: Kate | 2005/07/11

I think it is normal. I also feel movement every now and then and my baby is 16 weeks old. With my first I felt very pronounced movement after delivery for about a month. I am sure it has to do with your organs moving back into their original place.

Reply to Kate
Posted by: samantha | 2005/07/11

I remember that, and I am pretty sure that it's intestinal.

Reply to samantha
Posted by: Nuffing | 2005/07/11

I am pretty sure it's gas etc in the intestines causing it, but also get a feeling reminescent of a baby moving inside sometimes (nearly 4 years after my last baby) it those rolling, popping feelings. I actually quite like it :)

Reply to Nuffing
Posted by: Luu | 2005/07/11

I have a 1 yea son i've having does movements even before I had my baby ,some people think its constipation.

Reply to Luu
Posted by: Tina | 2005/07/11

My son is 5 1/2 months old now and I know what you mean. I thought I'd fallen pregnant again! :-) I can't explain it, though... I'd like to know what everyone else thinks?

Reply to Tina
Posted by: Lee | 2005/07/11

Hi there,

I would say its normal if it was like a week or so after giving birth as your stomach and uterus is all going back to normal, but six months is a bit hectic.
Its now been 7 months since i gave birth and i often feel movement in my tummy but not the same as baby in tummy!!!

Reply to Lee