Question
Posted by: Pierre | 2007/06/04

Mouth Ulsers

I get what looks like mouth ulsers on a montly basis, it lasts for about 2 weeks and then goes away. Sometimes I bite my lip and then that also becomes an ulcer. It starts off as a small sensitive tingle and ends up as a huge white sore that is extremely sensitive. I've been to two independant doctors and not one of them could find the root cause of this problem! Could you please shine some light on this problem as it has been there for about three years. I thank you!

Hallo Pierre
Nobody really knows what causes this. Read this article: http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/23068855/

What may help is to put Kenalog in orobase ointment on the sore as soon as it starts - it is a very sticky ointment and you can paste it on thickly. Take a good vit B supplement.Stress, sodium lauriel sulphate in certain toothpastes, high nitrate levels in water, Flavoring agents, essential oils, benzoic acid, cinnamon, gluten, cow's milk, coffee, chocolate, potatoes, cheese, figs, nuts, citrus fruits, and certain spices can also increase aphteous ulcers. You also have to rinse your mouth with antibacterial mouthrinse regularly.

1
Posted by: anon | 2007/06/04

Take two capsules lysine then afterwards 1 per day. Bioharmony is a good one to try. Also take a good multivitamin and an extra Bcomplex vitamin each day (Foodstate)

It could be due to stress and your immune system being a little down.

Reply to anon