Question
Posted by: Lucy | 2004/01/20

Mouth ulcers

Hi Doc, Eversince I was a child I used to get small ulcers in my mouth either on the gums or inside my cheek which would hurt but disappear after about a week. I used to get them a few times a year. I am now 33 and recently I've been getting them every two months or so and sometimes as one disappears the next one pops up. I take antioxidants, 1000mg of Vit C and Spirulina daily. My diet consists of white meat, fruit, veg, yoghurt and oats. I usually only get flu once a year. What could be causing this?

Lucy, it sounds like they might be aphthous ulcers. If you mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za, I’ll send you something I wrote on it a while ago. Read it and let me know if you have more questions (please post it as a new question to ensure I receive it). Good luck.