Question
Posted by: dexter | 2007/04/27

Mouth pains

4 days ago pain started about 1cm behind the last tooth on the left hand side of my mouth. Pain increased to entire part behind tooth. No pain on tooth. Paracetamol based pain killer releives pain and swelling. It feels as if there is swelling on the jaw bone itself.

Today pain spread to other side of mouth in same place, my throat is also a bit sore.

Left had side has now got lumps under the skin which I can feel with my finger, back of throat is a bit red, can still feel hard lump on bottom of what I think is the jaw bone.

Right hand side has got same kind of hard lump on bottom of jaw bone.

No external swelling. Very painfull to swallow without pain killers.

Please help :(

Dear Dexter
you probably have throat infection but the swelling in the mouth worries me - let a doctor please have a look - do you still have your tonsils in?