Question
Posted by: Natalie | 2004/11/05

Mouth Blister

I have a 'blister' under my tongue. I saw my dentist the other day and he said it could be a blocked syliva gland, but wasn't quite sure as it was not in the normal place that this would normally occur. I keep feeling it with my tongue and it's irritating me that it's there. The dentist suggested that I watch it and if it changed to contact him. What do you think it is? They said it looks benign and didn't seem too worried. I am worried though.

Thanks and look forward to your response.

Natalie, it sounds like it might be due to a blocked saliva duct and the treatment would be for the dentist to just make a hole in it with a needle. If it is still there by the end of the weekend the best would be to have your doctor take a look and make sure that it isn’t something serious. Good luck.