Posted by: Natalie | 2004/11/05

Mouth Blister

I have a 'blister' under my tongue. I saw my dentist the other day and he said it could be a blocked syliva gland, but wasn't quite sure as it was not in the normal place that this would normally occur. I keep feeling it with my tongue and it's irritating me that it's there. The dentist suggested that I watch it and if it changed to contact him. What do you think it is? They said it looks benign and didn't seem too worried. I am worried though.

Thanks and look forward to your response.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Natalie, it sounds like it might be due to a blocked saliva duct and the treatment would be for the dentist to just make a hole in it with a needle. If it is still there by the end of the weekend the best would be to have your doctor take a look and make sure that it isn’t something serious. Good luck.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.