Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2008/01/11

Mouth

Hi Doc,

I bit the inside of my cheek probably about 4 days ago and its been swollen ever since, and I cant eat properly or anything. Its very sore and it feels like my whole jaw is stiff and in pain. Is there anything I can do about this besides going to the doctor (which I have no money for).

Please help.

Thanks!

Dear Lisa

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It could be that you have caused a bacterial infection after biting your cheek. You can use Locobiotil spray on the area, as well as oral anti-inflammatary medication. It it does not clear in a few days time, you should consult a GP for an examination.

Kind regards