Question
Posted by: silver surfer | 2004/11/17

motor neuron disease

just wanna know my gran died of motor neuron disease beginning of this year.just wanna know is it in the genes?can my mother get it as well because her mother got it.And as far as i know there is no curer just i way to slow the process down.

Expert ImageGeneticist

Dear Silver surfer

Motor Neurone Diseae (MND) is a rare neurological disorder with onset in middle or old age. The cause is unknown and there is no cure. The condition occasionally runs in families but the overall risks of recurrence are small and it is unlikely that your mother will be affected.

Regards, Maritha

2
Posted by: Lumpy | 2005/02/16

Hi I am 41 yrs old female; had an emergency TAH in 2000 and went immediately trhough menopause. Since then i find i keep gaining weight no matter how little I eat, my skin is thin, I bruise easily, my hair is falling out and now I suddenly feel definite new ridges or lumps on my head on one-side. What can it be?

Reply to Lumpy
Posted by: silver surfer | 2004/11/23

thanks doc,i was worried there for a while.

Reply to silver surfer