Posted by: TJ | 2007/04/09

Mother suffering from Asthma

My mom is in her mid 60's and up to 12 months ago never suffered from Asthma. She stopped smoking (went cold turkey) about 18 months ago after suffering a spell of serve broncitis. After consulting her GP she was place on some tablets and a inhailer that didn't do any good. To date her medication has been changed three times, she now uses two different inhalers one for the morning and one for the evening still, as soon as the air gets cold her chest closes up and she coughs serverly, same goes for using aircon in her car (which never use to be a problem). Please can you suggest a doctor/specalist or some advise what to do, since the medication she's been using is not working.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear TJ
Ask your doctor to refer her to a pulmonologist. She needs a lung function test and probably inhaled cortisone and long acting Beta stimulants.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.