Question
Posted by: Purr | 2005/07/01

Mother in-law troubles

After a row with my brother in-law ,which also resulted in my husband asking him to find other accomadation(because he was trying to break up our marriage)my mother in-law phoned me and insulted me.She didn't even gave me any break to tell her our side of the story.Now at the moment she is also sending sms's to our friends telling them that she feel so sorry for my husband because he must always take my side in order to avoid being in the "dog box".She is fully aware that this was a mutual agreement and that my husband really feels the same way as i do about this incident with his brother.Any suggestions,should I just ignore her or what?

Ignore her, but tell your husband about this, and tell HIM to tell her to stop making trouble, and to tell the friends sh has been lying to, to ignore her too.

2
Posted by: Jelly | 2005/07/01

Your MIL sounds really childish. I would ignore the comments. That way you won't say something you will regret. Besides don't stoop to her level. It is your house after all. Good Luck
I hope she stops her behaviour.

Reply to Jelly
Posted by: Purple | 2005/07/01

I'd just ignore your MIL, she sounds really immature. By ignoring her behaviour you don't risk saying something she can throw back in your face at a later stage.

Reply to Purple