Question
Posted by: Lidia | 2003/12/15

MOTHER IN-LAW ONLY NICE WHEN HUSBAND IS AROUND

My mother in-law treats me very bad when my husband is not around, but goes to great lenghts to be REALLy nice in front of him, so my husband cont understand why I am so unhappy. What do I do? She is the most manipulative person I have ever met. I really dont understand what is going on in her head.

Dear Lidia,
I don't think it's particular hard to figure out what's in her head -- like many mothers-in-law, she's probably convinced that NO woman could ever possibly be good enough for her little boy, and yet he has probably made it clear to her that he expects her to treat you well --- which she carefully does, but only when he's around. Sorting it out surely has to involve talking this through with your husband, and explaining very carefully how different she is when he's not around. and if he is disbelieving, maybe there is some way to reveal her to him, either taping at home, or persuading him to eavesdrop when she thinks he's not around or asleep.

1
Posted by: /? | 2003/12/15

what about a hidden camera or microphone?

Reply to /?